After the murder of Mahsa (Jina) Amini and the beginning of the Woman, Life, Freedom revolution, the people of Iran continue to fight for freedom and intend to break the chains of injustice, discrimination and tyranny. All of us who bear the scars of the Islamic Republic’s atrocities on our bodies and souls, believe that the way to building a free and democratic Iran is to overcome the Islamic Republic regime. Reaching this ultimate goal necessitates the three elements of unison, organization and relentless continuity in activism.
This charter relies initially on activities outside of the country as a means to facilitate the participation of activists inside the country. We believe that the isolation of the Islamic government internationally, is a first and necessary step to affect democratic change on which basis the following objectives shall be pursued;
- To impose international pressure on the Islamic Republic to halt all death sentences and to immediately release all political prisoners without condition.
- Consultation with democratic governments to expel the ambassadors of the Islamic Republic.
- Consultation with democratic governments to expel all dependents of the Islamic Republic from their respective countries.
- Consultation with democratic governments to support this charter and this Alliance.
- To facilitate any means necessary to aid the people of Iran.
The involvement of these governments shall preclude any interference in the internal affairs, and the will of the people of Iran.
Subsequent actions will take place with the participation of activists inside Iran to focus on fair transitional justice, the formation of a council for the transition of power, and the means by which power is transferred to a secular, democratic government. This agenda requires the participation of all citizens specializing in various fields who will be invited to join committees dedicated to transitioning from the Islamic Republic. The Alliance will introduce actionable initiatives using democratic methods to be implemented at the earliest opportunity in order to bring to fruition, the civil action struggles of the people of Iran.
Common values of the Alliance for changing the Islamic Republic regime to a democratic Iran:
- To determine the form of government by way of a referendum, to establish a secular-democratic system (based on the principle of separation of religion from government) in which all political and official members of the state shall be elected through a free and democratic election process whereby citizens of all beliefs, ethnicities, gender and sexual orientation be afforded dignity and equal rights before the law.
- To maintain the territorial integrity of Iran while accepting diversity in language, ethnicity, religion and culture.
- Decentralization of power by deferring financial, bureaucratic and policy making affairs to elected provincial, city, and regional administrations.
- To establish an independent organization to supervise elections and the acceptance of domestic and international oversight organizations to monitor elections.
- To hold democratic elections to form a Constituent Assembly and to produce a new national constitution through an inclusive and transparent process.
HUMAN RIGHTS AND HUMAN DIGNITY
- Acceptance of and respect for diversity and variety in Iranian society and efforts to remedy historic and current discrimination. To accept the position of native languages based on international Laws and Conventions.
- The new constitution shall adhere to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights in its entirety, and all of the rights and freedoms noted therein.
- To abolish the death penalty and any corporal punishment; banning any and all arbitrary arrests and detentions during the transition, and to join the United Nations Convention Against Torture (UNCAT).
- To join and enact the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women, The Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD), and to implement all provisions of the Convention on the Rights of the Child and all other conventions to which Iran is a signatory, but has failed to adhere to, and the adoption of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR).
- To join and adopt the International Labour Organization’s conventions on the rights of workers including freedom to assembly and to form organizations, the right to strike and collective bargaining agreements. To ensure the health, security and non-discrimination policies and fair minimum wage guarantees.
To support the establishment of an independent judicial system in accordance with international standards.
- Justice for all victims of the Islamic Republic through fact finding commissions under the auspices of fair and independent courts including the right to chosen, independent legal representation.
PEACE AND SECURITY
The Abolition of the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corp. and all of its subsidiaries. The possibility to integrate IRGC forces into other armed forces such as the army may only be possible in the absence of involvement in crimes and based on necessary qualifications. The military shall only be responsible to defend the territorial integrity of the country.
To establish policies of cooperation and peaceful relations with all countries in the world, and to cease all interference in the affairs of other countries, and to join the International Criminal Court. To initiate legal action within the framework of international law to annul any and all unfair treaties that are not in the national interest of Iran that have been entered into with other nations or companies by the Islamic Republic government.
To join and enact the International Convention on Nuclear Safety.
- Full compliance with the principles of sustainability and protection of the environment and to join relevant United Nations conventions.
ECONOMIC TRANSPARENCY AND PROSPERITY
- To abolish all economic monopolies and to adhere to international banking and currency exchange standards, and also to facilitate international trade and investment opportunities. To focus on remedial policies and special economic provisions to empower marginalized provinces and regions. Transparency, actionable anti-corruption measures and to join the Financial Action Task Force (FATF).
To overcome the Islamic Republic’s tyranny, all Iranians who are committed to freedom must unite. The courage of the people of Iran and their persistent fight for freedom shall be the bright beacon of hope for our future. Let us stand united in the creation of a free tomorrow.